D800/D800e Discontinued?

STM

Maybe it is time to look into a second body.

Cameras have become like computers; as soon as you get the latest one and take it out of the box, it is in the process of being superseded!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I think this is only because of the new inventory management. Large corporations tend to not over produce so they don't have to discount too much when they want to change production. This doesn't mean that all D800 have become obsolete but only that the inventory is now almost dried and they will sell more of their newer D810 for more profits.

Don't forget that companies are in business for one reason only, to get our hard earned cash out of our pockets. They know every trick there is to try to do just that.

Enjoy your Nikon.

BackdoorArts

There's no reason to continue to manufacture the 800's when the 810 effectively replaced it in the line, combining and improving on the best features of both the 800 and 800s (though I suspect there are some photographers that would prefer the 800 with the OLPF).

If someone wants one of those 800's, I've got a pampered one with 15K clicks for sale. :)