I walked outside and this was sitting out back (car)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
217657_768130114248_31700281_38950283_288066_n.jpg

216465_768267079768_31700281_38952669_1644452_n.jpg

It's a 1959 Jaguar XK150. The house behind me has an old barn which that car sat for at least 20 years. The family is cleaning out the house. Right after this pic was taken it was loaded onto a trailer. Surprisingly 3 tires held air. The fourth wouldn't even turn, so it was pretty much dragged onto the trailer.

Apparently the motor in it is worth around 10k. The owner said if he does do anything with it, it'll be a kit car or race car. Of course that may be 100k from now in restoration. The thing is an absolute rust bucket.

btw, these pics were taken with my cell phone.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Ha! I thought you were going to tell us Santa Claus came early! Great story and nice capture with a cell phone!

Last edited by a moderator:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
haha - I wish I could get an early x-mas present Helene.

Yeah, it's pretty far gone. From what the guys were saying it probably sat outside quite some time before sitting in the barn. The floor is practically all rusted out. The only straight piece of metal on it in the hood and the trunk.

Carolina Photo Guy

Are y'all kidding? A little paint and just a tiny bit of TLC, she'll be back on the road in no time!

383 rear end, rock crusher 4 speed with a 427 EFI perched between the fenders cranking around 475 hp.

BTW: you know why the British never made computers?

They couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil! :)

Pete

PhotoAV8R

BTW: you know why the British never made computers?

They couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil! :)

Pete
My first car was a 1973 MGB. Still have it, but my "retirement project" to get it running again has been put on the (way ) back burner.

Why do the British drink warm beer?

They have Lucas refrigerators.

Why doesn't British Leyland make refrigerators?

They couldn't figure out how to make them leak oil.

Carolina Photo Guy

Flinging a BGT through a series of tight "Esses" used to rank very high on my puckered bunghole meter. Now I'm too old and decrepit to do that.

But I still miss the old days.

Here is a mechanical question.

If you take a horn (NOT Lucas!) and run the positive wire to the negative side and run the negative side to the positive, does the horn suck instead of blow??? :):):)

Lucas ALREADY sucks so the problem does not apply.

Pete

Joseph Bautsch

I wouldn't write it off so soon. There is more than 50% of the original car there so it can be restored and still be classified as an original. I've seen cars in worse condition restored to look like they just rolled off the assembly line. If the car has value to a collector it could be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhotoAV8R

Here is a mechanical question.

If you take a horn (NOT Lucas!) and run the positive wire to the negative side and run the negative side to the positive, does the horn suck instead of blow??? :):):)

Lucas ALREADY sucks so the problem does not apply.

Pete
I think all the nimrods on my road will turn into my lane.