Upgrade to D610

FLIGHTO

I have an opportunity to trade my D7100 plus $300 cash to a fairly new D610?

I am on the fence whether I should go through with it. On one hand I am blinded by the FX badge and on the other hand my lighter side is pointing out the features that I will lose. ie ok button zoom focus check and some required lens changes.

I just don't know if it's worth it. I predominantly shoot landscape. What do you guys and gals think?

Thanks.

Btw I am posting here and not the D610 section cuz I want the DX opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketCowboy

What does "fairly new" mean? Looking at it on a purely economics angle, the D7100 body is a $1100 body while the D610 is $1800? So with the cash add in, you're looking $1400 vs $1800. After depreciation, that gap is probably closer.

I opted for the D7100 over the D610 because of the AF system specifically, but I believe the D610 also had a slightly slower max flash sync shutter speed if I'm not mistaken.

That said, I still see FX in my future for landscapes, and the D610 keeps popping up as a possibility.

I don't think I would make the jump for my D7100 body plus $300, at least not without knowing more about this particular D610 specimen, but for less cash out of pocket it would be something I'd strongly consider.

FLIGHTO

It's less then 3 months old. I will go thru with it pending spending some time with it to thoroughly ck it out.

The ok button zoom feature allows you to zoom in on your focus point just by pressing the ok button. There are three zoom settings that you can set it to zoom to in the menu. It's a fiction that I have grown very accustomed to have as it is soooo convenient. I still not sure if I can live without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singlerosa_RIP

Zoom sounds like a cool feature. As for the flash sync, 200 doesn't bother me. I have 250 on my D7000 and haven't missed anything with the D600. With high speed sync and manual flash, to me, it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
The real question I would have first is why does he want to swap a 610 for a 7100.

The second question is what lenses do you presently have and which ones will work on the D610?

I shoot with the D7100 and can afford pretty much any camera I want but I really see no need for me to move up the the FX. IF I were doing this professionally I would probably change my mind but doing this for just whatever I want then I will stick with my D7100 and I love it.