24-70 is this an issue?

live4u

Fellas
I bought a 24-70 G from a person through ebay and received it today. I guess he used it from 2010. What I feel is when I zoom in, everything is smooth. While zooming out from 35-24, it feels a little tight. Need your expert info about this so that I can return it as bad toy. Please let me know and appreciate your help. The pictures look good when I take them zoomed in or zoomed out.

Thanks

Rick M

I believe this is a problem on some heavily used samples. The additional friction is usually the lens changing direction during the zoom motion. Others have cited a loose screw inside the lens body, Google it and you'll find similar stories.

live4u

I believe this is a problem on some heavily used samples. The additional friction is usually the lens changing direction during the zoom motion. Others have cited a loose screw inside the lens body, Google it and you'll find similar stories.

Oh wow. That thread ran for ever. Its pretty bad on nikon side not to accept that as an issue!!! It took me 1 hr to finish reading an entire thread. Looks like an issue. I have to figure out how I can get it covered.