first post

ISED8U

First post here. I guess I should start by saying hello to everyone. A brief summary. Is that redundant?? I digress. I have been playing around with photograhy for about three years and within the last year have started to become more serious about the art of photography. My wife, an amazing woman, upgraded my D60 to a D600 for my birthday. The camera is stunning. I would like to know if taking a class or simply finding information and trying to learn as I go is the best thing? If anyone has used the D600 I would love your feedback. I'm very excited about using it. She also had an extra suprise an AF-S NIKKOR
50mm f/1.4G
Yeah she's a keeper.

Lawrence

Hello and welcome.
Sure sounds like she's a keeper.
There is a sub-forum dedicated to the D600 and D610 - you will learn a lot there from others with the same model.
As for learning - we all have different learning styles, speeds and time commitments so the best way to learn for you will be whatever method suits you.
The good news is you are now at the best place on the Internet to do just that.

Roy1961

Contributor
hello and welcome

best advice i can give is open a 365 thread and post lots of pictures, you will get feedback and comments to help, good luck and enjoy

wornish

welcome.gif

RocketCowboy

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites!

Whether formal instruction or experimentation is best really depends on the individual. I prefer a mixture of both, but some prefer one over the other or are definitely more biased. Not sure what part of the globe you're in, but pretty sure you can find something well suited to you anywhere.