Hello from NY!!

Photo-n00b

Hi everyone. I'm Brian from NY. I received a Nikon D100 a few weeks ago; I know many people consider the D100 to be greatly outdated but it's a great tool to learn from! I'll be posting some photos in the critique section shortly; I'd love to get some feedback and advice!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the site Brian, I hope you'll enjoy the experience. This is a great forum.

goz63

Like we used to say in archery..."It's not the bow but the jerk on the string." Enjoy your new camera and welcome!

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Photo-n00b, and welcome to the Nikonites Community. Everyone is welcome to this site, n00b or not, we were all n00bs at one point or another. Any questions you may have just ask. The only dumb questions around here, are the ones you didn't ask. We enjoy talking Nikon photography. We'er serious most of the time but do on occasion get off the beaten path for some not so serious bantering. All work and no play can make Jack a dull boy. (Not you Jack, It's just a saying. We have a Jack around here.) The D100 is a good camera to learn on. As goz63 points out it's the person behind the camera that takes the picture and not the camera. Enjoy.

Rick M

Welcome Brian, can't wait to see some shots from the D100. Wouldn't worry about your camera being outdated, we have alot of outdated members here and we still function almost normally.

JoeLewisPhotography

Welcome Brian! I'm a New Yorker too, only I am on the other side of the state in Buffalo. As the others have said, nothing wrong our outdated with the D100....its the perfect learning tool. Have fun and Enjoy your stay! I know I am!

Carolina Photo Guy

Hello Brian. Glad that you could join us. As you look around at the galleries here on Nikonites, you will see some incredible photography.

I honestly believe that probably most of the photographers here could easily be featured in several art galleries. Just remember something.

NONE of us here are in competition with each other. Each one of us will do whatever we can to help each other. You have any questions, just ask.

I look forward to seeing your work.

Pete

jcottone45

Hi Brian, as a fellow New Yorker (born & raised in Brooklyn), I want to say that you've joined the right site all here are friendly & very helpful. Welcome.!!

Joe the half fast photographer.

fotojack

Allow me to echo the thoughts of my colleagues, and say welcome to the site. I'm positive you'll enjoy it here. And there's nothing wrong with the D100.....still a great camera. Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your photographs.