Hello from Louisiana

Pleiades

Hello everyone, My name is Shane.
So glad to join your site. I've been addicted to photography since i was very young. From the old polaroids to the little 110s, 35mm then on to the digitals. I actually am gaining on a camera collection. I set them on the shelf, print out info and put it with it. I came across an old digital camera probably one of the first, I like using them for a while then move on to others when it takes it place on the shelf. Im rattling but am very glad to be a part of your community. My current camera is a D3100 with the two lenses it comes with, (Non-VR). Are the VR worth me replacing these two with them or no? I also have a little coolpix s6800. That one takes great pictures for a little camera. Thank You all.

Blade Canyon

Shane, I was born in Baton Rouge, and you are one of the few Americans who knows the Subaru logo is the Pleiades! I also lived in Lake Charles. Dad was in oil refining, so that means we moved west on I-10 until we got to Houston.

Pleiades

Shane, I was born in Baton Rouge, and you are one of the few Americans who knows the Subaru logo is the Pleiades! I also lived in Lake Charles. Dad was in oil refining, so that means we moved west on I-10 until we got to Houston.

Oh thank you. Im a Subaru nut, I have an 05 Forester and 01 Outback. Great vehicles. Check out my first picture in my gallery, not the best but with practice i will get better.

wornish

welcome.gif

Whiskeyman

Welcome. I lived in the Shreveport area from 1990 to 1995. There was a great photography club, the Shreveport Photographic Society, that I belonged to for almost the entire time. If you are close enough, I'd visit them at one of their monthly meetings. Their web site is: Shreveport Photographic Society

After perusing their site, it appears that they still have a lot of talent in the area.

WM