charger issues

CD1982

so I have a d5200 and ill charge my battery the first couple of times charger worked fine it stopped blinking when the battery is chargd.
no it never stops blinking for some reason but my battery is 100%.. why is this

aroy

Most probably the battery is gone. It may not have gone physically, but the control chip may be misbehaving.

Check how many shots it gives in a charge. If it is within 90% of what it used to, then carry on. If it has dropped below 50% then the battery is dying.

Horoscope Fish

Sounds like a communication issue between battery and charger. If the battery is holding a charge I wouldn't worry about it but you could try replacing the charger if you want and see if that helps. Nikon wants about $45 for their charger but there are 3rd party chargers you can opt for that will run you about $15.

CD1982

so which third party is a good charger to get?
I have seen some on amazon where you can get one that can use in the car as well. and sometimes comes with two batterys

Horoscope Fish

If I was going to get spare batteries with a new charger I'd go with this Wasabi Combo for $35; two batteries an AC charger AND a car adapter... That's sweet. And Wasabi batteries I know from a lot of experience (with a few Nikon cameras I've owned over the years) are at least as good as Nikon OEM batteries for a fraction of the price.

CD1982

hey awesome thanks a million I will check it out.. having the car charger would be nice piece of mind as well.. thanks a million once again