Weekly Challenge Apr. 20-27: Abstract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

ry%3D400.jpg

Abstract
Weekly Challenge April 20-27

jengajoh won the Childhood weekly challenge, and will be judging these entries.

This challenge is sure to bring out the artist in you! As usual, you are left to interpret the topic in your own way. However, this one is a bit unique from all the others. Look for long exposures and using all kinds of trickery.

Also, take a look at examples of other abstract photography, including "camera toss". Yes, that's right. Throwing your camera up in the air while the shutter is open can produce very interesting results...including a broken camera, so be careful and have fun!

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on April 27th...so get those photos in!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
flower pow copy1.jpg

Interesting subject. Did a few and this is what I came up with. I guess I'll break the ice and pave the way to better images. :)

Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.