Wedding season!

jengajoh

I did a wedding last Friday. To prepare I have a nightmare then charge everything and pack more batteries than I need, get there really early...

fotojack

I have a wedding to do this coming June. I'll be charging up all my batteries for flash and camera, getting the lenses I'll need, make sure the tripod and monopods are in good working order, then get a good nights sleep. Showing up early to a wedding is a good practice, so you can scout out the lay of the land, so to speak, and hope all goes well.

Browncoat

Duck season.

I don't do weddings. Though I just got a lead tossed my way, so I might have to re-think this. They have a $25,000 budget. I admit it, I'm greedy.

I like your approach Pete, you don't have to deal with mother-in-laws that know everything but don't want to pay for anything.

Like the one that tells my client that she wants an extra wedding album JUST like the one the parents are getting? Then, after finding out how much they cost, decides to cancel the order, leaving me with a parent album?
Thankfully, I can use this for a sample book, or else I'd be a bit more upset about the money I spent on buying it on spec.

fotojack

The wedding I'm doing, all they're getting for their $400 is a couple of CD's with about 2 or 3 hundred pictures, and maybe a thumb drive. The wedding is outdoors in the Rocky Mountains near Banff, Alberta....about 90 miles one way, so mileage comes into play here. And apparently I'm getting a free dinner at the reception......back in Calgary. :)

imnunky

Serves him right. He was using a Canon! ;) And I'll bet it isn't waterproof. That's gonna cost him!

Excuse me Mr Super Moderator PhotoJack is this the kind of attitude this site requires, I am neither a Canon lover or user, But I empathize with that Photographer, knowing there were a few things he could have done prior to that incident, but to sit in judgment ????, other than his pride and embarrassment I presume he escaped unhurt,

jcottone45

Not to mention the loss of all pictures taken at the church & prior plus the loss of all the equipment he was carrying. I feel his P A I N.!!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Excuse me Mr Super Moderator PhotoJack is this the kind of attitude this site requires, I am neither a Canon lover or user, But I empathize with that Photographer, knowing there were a few things he could have done prior to that incident, but to sit in judgment ????, other than his pride and embarrassment I presume he escaped unhurt,

I'm pretty sure that was more of a joke, not to be taken literally.

Carolina Photo Guy

Actually, all the guy had to do was CAREFULLY scout out the location. He already knew that he was going to get the "Walking Down the Aisle" shots,
so if he didn't rehearse the distance any more carefully than THAT, Then this is his own dang fault. I hate the loss of his equipment and pictures, but
I wonder if he has ever heard of "INSURANCE"?
If you fail on planning, then you plan on failing.

Just my 2 cents.

Pete

fotojack

Nice to see most of you caught the humour of my comment. Of COURSE I empathized with the photographer! Who wouldn't! I hate to see anyone's photography equipment or themselves get hurt. My comment was not to be taken literally, it was meant to lighten up an obviously serious but funny situation that the photographer had gotten himself into. I would have thought my smiley face was a dead giveaway. So, to put it in simple terms........it was meant as a joke! We're a Nikon only site.......he was using a Canon.......get it? :)

PhotoAV8R

Excuse me Mr Super Moderator...
Rx:

Chill pill.jpg