Pear Blossom

Last Friday, I took a trip up to my old hometown of Kelseyville, CA to pick up a trailer from my parents. I figured the trip was a good excuse to take the camera and see if there was anything interesting to capture.
The pear orchards are slowly being removed in favor of the vineyards, which is a sad thing, since we used to bill ourselves "Bartlett Pear capital of the world".
This was taken with a "new to me" 24mm f/2.8 lens:

pearblossom.jpg

Thoughts? Comments? Critique?

This is a crop from the original.

ISO 100
24mm
f/2.8
1/2,000th

Last edited:

fotojack

Last Friday, I took a trip up to my old hometown of Kelseyville, CA to pick up a trailer from my parents. I figured the trip was a good excuse to take the camera and see if there was anything interesting to capture.
The pear orchards are slowly being removed in favor of the vineyards, which is a sad thing, since we used to bill ourselves "Bartlett Pear capital of the world".
This was taken with a "new to me" 24mm f/2.8 lens:

pearblossom.jpg

Thoughts? Comments? Critique?

This is a crop from the original.

ISO 100
24mm
f/2.8
1/2,000th

Beautiful shot, EofI. Question: why was the shot at 1/2000th? Was it windy?

Beautiful shot, EofI. Question: why was the shot at 1/2000th? Was it windy?

It was very bright with direct sunlight.

@ ISO 100, I was against the stops there, @ f/2.8 (for DOF reasons) I couldn't really adjust, so I went with the leg of the triangle that I COULD adjust.

I also didn't think to pull out my polarizer filter, which would have slowed it down, but not too significantly.

Joseph Bautsch

EOI, Excellent shot. Good composition. I also don't think a CPL would have made much difference. It was the f/2.8 for the bokeh that was important and you got it. Nice.

Carolina Photo Guy

I like this shot. There is something about it that is calming to me.
I think it is because of the very pleasing bokeh background.
It is there and a part of the image without competing.
I think of this shot as well balanced.

Pete

goz63

Nice picture. One question relating to the 1/2000 shutter speed. I too have taken some pictures with higher shutter speeds due to the aperture that I want based on DOF. Is there a trade off? Meaning is there a downside to high shutter speeds if freezing the action is not an issue?