Just got my 3300

tea2085

Very disappointed in the manual. I am charging the battery now (I hope). There is a red light blinking and to left it says charge and end. I'm assuming that the blinking red light will turn green when the battery is fully charged. Correct? I have no idea how long this process will take.

Horoscope Fish

Very disappointed in the manual. I am charging the battery now (I hope). There is a red light blinking and to left it says charge and end. I'm assuming that the blinking red light will turn green when the battery is fully charged. Correct? I have no idea how long this process will take.
Do you have the "User Guide" or the Reference Manual for the D3300? The Reference Manual is much larger and more detailed.

Getting the battery back up to full charge shouldn't take more than an hour or so unless it's reeeeeally drained.

Blacktop

Your long manual is on the CD rom that came with your camera. If you don't have one, them you can get a PDF manual from Nikon's website.

J-see

The blinking light stops blinking. Getting green was too expensive an option for the D3300. ;)

I found a manual online somewhere.

Edit: first load was closer to two hours for me if I remember well.

Last edited:

tea2085

I do have the Busch edition of the Nikon 3300, bought @ the advice of a fellow forum member. It is very detailed but also say nothing about the charger. For some reason, I can post now!! You guys are so helpful, I'd hate to lose that ability!! BTW- I did get the CD but have not explored it yet. This is like Christmas to me!! Paul

Last edited:

aroy

The PDF manual is the best. Download it to your mobile phone and you have a reference when ever you want.

The charging light blinks while charging. It bliks fast initially and slows down towards the end. When fully charged it stops blinking.

J-see

I suggest you start shooting RAW as soon as possible. It enables you to only learn about half of the options available. They're the only important ones. ;)

tea2085

Loaded the cd and when I went to the Camera Control Pro 2 it wanted a number supposedly listed on on the cd case. Well, the cd case was a piece of plastic with no numbers on it. Is it worth the trouble of trying to figure this out? It does have a trial mode but I'm reluctant to do this fearing it may interfere with getting the permanent version. Anyone know what I need to do? Paul

Horoscope Fish

Loaded the cd and when I went to the Camera Control Pro 2 it wanted a number supposedly listed on on the cd case. Well, the cd case was a piece of plastic with no numbers on it. Is it worth the trouble of trying to figure this out? It does have a trial mode but I'm reluctant to do this fearing it may interfere with getting the permanent version. Anyone know what I need to do?

The most up-to-date versions of Nikon's software offerings can be found on the Nikon software site. I'd try downloading from there.

aroy

Loaded the cd and when I went to the Camera Control Pro 2 it wanted a number supposedly listed on on the cd case. Well, the cd case was a piece of plastic with no numbers on it. Is it worth the trouble of trying to figure this out? It does have a trial mode but I'm reluctant to do this fearing it may interfere with getting the permanent version. Anyone know what I need to do? Paul
What CD did you load? Normally only the View NX-II CD comes with the camera. May be Nikon have put all their software on it so that you can try and get hooked to it!

tea2085

The cd says View NX2 on it. Maybe it loads a Camera Pro 2 url for one to install and maybe I'm only supposed to have a trial version! On the other hand, what is the NX-11 program- I can't get it to do anything. Paul

J-see

You can download the View NX2 full at Nikon. It's basically what it says; a file viewer with very limited "editing" options. I use it to import my photos and check what's good and what isn't. After deleting the rubbish, I import all in LR.

aroy

The cd says View NX2 on it. Maybe it loads a Camera Pro 2 url for one to install and maybe I'm only supposed to have a trial version! On the other hand, what is the NX-11 program- I can't get it to do anything. Paul

Never heard of NX-11, but there is Capture NX-D - Nikon's RAW processing software. You have to download it from Nikon Site. All my D3300 images have been processed using this software.