Help needed- How to resolve "error message Press shutter release button again" D3200

mittalat

Help needed- How to resolve "error message Press shutter release button again" D3200

Hi All,

I bought D3200 last year from Ebay and last week it started showing me an error message "Press shutter release button again".
I have tried pressing the shutter multiple times, recharging battery, on/off multiple times. Nothing is resolving the error.
The camera would not let me take any picture until the error is fixed.

I sent it to Nikon to fix it as it was within 1st year of purchase. They said the camera is not from US and as such is not under warranty. Can someone please guide if i can fix this on my own or through a repair shop.

Thanks,
Amit

Horoscope Fish

Re: Help needed- How to resolve "error message Press shutter release button again" D

Yeah, I've seen that before...

How are you with busting open your camera? See this tutorial for what you need to do. It's not as bad as it might seem, I've done it myself a time or two. A drop of sewing machine oil, or some other light oil on wheelie thing helps keep things turning smoothly.

mittalat

Re: Help needed- How to resolve "error message Press shutter release button again" D

Thanks so much for prompt help. The video in the link is built for different model of nikon. I tried opening d3200, i was totally lost as the body of the camera is drastically complicated.
Did you open D3200 for repair. Can you please share your experience.

Thanks again
Amit

Horoscope Fish

Did you open D3200 for repair. Can you please share your experience.
Don't recall if it was a D3200 or not but the process should be similar. If things look totally different on your D3200, or you're just not comfortable with taking the bottom plate off, the only other thing I am aware of that might be causing this issue, and that's fixable at this level, is a stuck mirror.

The D3100 (and the D5100, too if memory serves) suffers from a tendency to allow the mirror to slip past the rubber stop on the edge of the mirror box where it subsequently gets stuck. This is easy to correct by lifting the mirror (gently!) until it clears the rubber stop. After this, the camera will work as it should.