ay up me ducks!

sandpiper

Hello there... new boy from Stoke on the Trent, England.

will be looking to use the site for hot tips and tricks and always on the lookout for cheaper alternatives (for example, best alternatives to SB flashes that retain remote iTTL, hint hint) and for what its worth i'll be throwing in my two penneth regarding the things that i've gleaned over the years (or from other forums in the last couple of mintutes!)...you lucky things!

here's one to start you off... with Halloween approaching lookout for black straws, they (in the right hands) can be used to fashion a honeycomb grid for your makeshift snoots!

Cheers me dears,

Rob.

sandpiper

thanks for the warm welcome...

@ steve... i've been away from photography(DSLR Photoghraphy anyways) for quite a while so much of my kit is dated (Although still quality!)...
D300
18-70 kit lens (came with my old D70 but not a bad lens!)
300 f4 (tack sharp!!)
105 f2.8 macro (sigma, another sharp lens)
a couple of converters,
SB800.

and as i write this my door bell rings....

...its a Tokina 11-16 2.8!! (and well used by the looks of it!)

anyways... now that i've dusted off my old gear i'm looking to impress myself with improved landscape images (an area i'm probably best suited to) and also i'd like to broaden my horizons (but not necessarily with my new Tokina) by delving into portrait photography an area i'm really not suited to but love all the same!!

SteveL54

Hello there... new boy from Stoke on the Trent, England.

will be looking to use the site for hot tips and tricks and always on the lookout for cheaper alternatives (for example, best alternatives to SB flashes that retain remote iTTL, hint hint) and for what its worth i'll be throwing in my two penneth regarding the things that i've gleaned over the years (or from other forums in the last couple of mintutes!)...you lucky things!

here's one to start you off... with Halloween approaching lookout for black straws, they (in the right hands) can be used to fashion a honeycomb grid for your makeshift snoots!

Cheers me dears,

Rob.

Huh????

Welcome