Two more from the time machine...........

STM

Fast forward to fall 1977 and my sophomore year at Carolina. I did a lot of shooting for the UNC yearbook but enjoyed doing the football and basketball stuff the most. It was hard to shoot the baseball games and tennis matches because I was either on the field or the courts! Between 2 majors, 2 sports and yearbook it was no wonder I never had any time to party. Hell that matter I don't remember ever getting all that much in the way of sleep either. That pace would KILL me now.

By now I had my own F2 with the MD-2/MB-1 and 300mm f/4.5 non-AI but borrowed the school's 500 f/8 Reflex Nikkor (of which I eventually got my own and I really lament ever selling it). All of these were on Tri-X developed in Microdol-X 1:3. The first two were taken when Furman Came to the Hill. I specifically remember this game because UNC pinned their ears back like 63-7 or something like that. It was almost painful to watch. The last one is when Pitt came and played and I honestly cannot remember who won that one. All of these images were actually scanned off the 8x10 print. I am sure the negatives were in that huge pile of ones I found in the box but honestly I was just too lazy to try and find them. The scans of the negatives would have been sharper than the prints but these are not too bad, for the web at least. The last one shows a lot of really bad cracks in the emulsion of the print but they are barely visible to the eye. That one I will try to find the negative for before I post it to my website