Polarizing Filters and Why I Rarely Shoot Without One (Video)

Horoscope Fish

I'm a big advocate of the CPL and have been for a long time but I learned a few things from this video and thought it worthy of passing along. Based on my own experience I now use Hoya HD Circular Polarizing Filters because, 1. They're not outrageously expensive and 2. They transmit significantly more light than other polarizing filters. With the Hoya HD's, you'll lose a little over one stop versus about two stops with any other CPL.

On to the video! :: How to Use a Polarizing Filter

Lawrence

Great video - thanks Fish

It did make me smile though as when I first got my gear it came with a CPL and I had it attached but never used it. Some skies were brilliantly blue and I could never figure out why.
After watching this I know a LOT more - let's see if it makes a difference.

More things to think about and remember when taking photos.

Blacktop

I used to use a CP when I was using my 18-55mm lens. Now that I bought the 18-140mm I never got around buying a CP for it. I only miss it really is when I'm doing river shots.

Vixen

It's one of those things...first accessory I ever get is the CPL for the lens. Only lenses I don't have them for is the Tamzooka and my macro lens. Like HF, I use Hoya. Mine are Hoya Pro1. Been using them since 1980 :D