My niece and her D50

My niece told me that her camera was broken and asked my what camera she should get. I told her that she should send me her camera first and let me look at it to see what the problem was. It arrived today and after charging the battery it took my 6 minutes to fix it. Took me that long since I had never seen a D50 before. Reset the menu first and took a shoot. It was flat grey so I looked at a few things before realizing that she had set the exposure compensation to -5. That will mess up your day. The little camera was lost for the last year and when I checked it only had 4800 clicks on it. I am putting a Tamron 18-200 zoom on it that I never use and shipping it back to her. I will still probably suggest that she buy one of the new Coolpix superzooms since that would probably be better for what she is using it for. She lives in Denver, CO and they go somewhere in the area almost every weekend and she has been using her phone for photos. I will tell her to sell this one and she should be able to get $100 or so for it.

I am going to go out and shoot this camera tomorrow and run it through it's paces. It will be interesting to see what I can wrangle out of it.

She is not really interested in learning photography. Just getting some decent photos of her kids and some of the scenery around Denver. I really think the cool pix is the best route for her.

He is one from the morning shot with the D50
DSC_0035.jpg