Just Trying a Product Shot

Smoke

Which one do you prefer (if any) :)
DSC_0128.jpgDSC_0130.jpg

Michael J.

If i have to choose I'll take the right one. Looks great with the taps in the background

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

jazzjunkie

I prefer the one on the left, purely because as a product shot the product is bigger, and the idea behind expensive colognes is the decadence and indulgence of them, you don't portray that decadence with your bottle as it looks tiny in the amount of space it has. There are a few distracting things in the shot, is there a label on the underside of the bottle causing the blue hue? There is also something creeping in top left and the harsh white reflection of the catch-light on the bottle in the foreground, though I do like the yellow reflection across the white surface, which is very clean and sparkling.

FastGlass

LOL. I knew the responses would even out between the two. The images are to close to being the same. The lighting looks dull and gray. Not really fond of the backgrounds. I would keep it simple and shoot them against a white seamless background.

FastGlass

I prefer the one on the left, purely because as a product shot the product is bigger, and the idea behind expensive colognes is the decadence and indulgence of them, you don't portray that decadence with your bottle as it looks tiny in the amount of space it has. There are a few distracting things in the shot, is there a label on the underside of the bottle causing the blue hue? There is also something creeping in top left and the harsh white reflection of the catch-light on the bottle in the foreground, though I do like the yellow reflection across the white surface, which is very clean and sparkling.
Good eye. Didn't even notice the blue label smacking me in the face now that I know it's there.

Eyelight

Bottle position in the first one. Kind of agree that a seamless background would be preferred, but I could see this one working if the wall were cropped out and the background blurred somewhat.