D7100, pictures coming out incredibly RED

No longer here

Just picked up a d7100, very excited to start shooting. However, my pictures are coming out very red. I checked the WB and I'm shooting in manual mode. Help!

DSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0004.jpg

No longer here

I switched between all the wb settings, I threw on my tamron 17~50 And the pictures are coming out perfectly. The 35mm lens I just bought with the d7100 was used to take the red pictures

So just one lens had the problem? If that is what you are saying then put the "Red Lens" back on to see if it still has the problem. This looks like the WB was set incorrectly.

No longer here

DSC_0056.jpgDSC_0057.jpgDSC_0058.jpg

Interestingly enough, it seems the F Stop causes the issue! Threw it on the D3100 backup, and it works perfectly fine at all apertures.

WayneF

Interestingly enough, it seems the F Stop causes the issue! Threw it on the D3100 backup, and it works perfectly fine at all apertures.

Hard to believe the lens changing from f/2 to f/2.2 could do anything like that.

Then the first thing to do would be to compare the White Balance between the two cameras.
You've never said what the White Balance is... do you know? Say the words. :)

I'm not sure it is any normal WB though. Daylight WB under incandescent lights would be more orange, somewhat yellowish, not Red. Your image Red and Blue channels are about alike, but green is well down, a couple of stops, surprisingly so. Looks very abnormal.

Seems more likely you've done something like Preset White Balance, and got it all mixed up.

Try the two button Reset, D7100 manual page 131. It seems a good bet to fix it.

aroy

My 35mm F1.8 DX transmits a lot of red component of light, and the exposure is always +1EV more than set (as shown by the histogram where the red component is peaked at right), so when I shoot with this lense I set exposure compensation to -1EV. But I never get colour off like you have. I normally shoot with a UV filter, so just to check I took two shots, one with and one without the filter, the colour was same.

If the colour is coming only on D7100 and not on D3100, then there may be some problem with D7100 pixel map calibration. Just to be sure, take an image at F1.8, but with -1EV, -2EV and -3EV exposure compensation. If the colour goes at -2EV or -3EV, then it is a sensor calibration problem and you better send it to Nikon for correction.

No longer here

I purchased it last night, I'm going to the store to exchange it. It's absolutely ridiculous to spend almost $2,000 and be expected to ship it in for service right away. I tried every white balance setting and nothing changed between the pictures. The only thing that yielded any result was changing the aperture.

aroy

I purchased it last night, I'm going to the store to exchange it. It's absolutely ridiculous to spend almost $2,000 and be expected to ship it in for service right away. I tried every white balance setting and nothing changed between the pictures. The only thing that yielded any result was changing the aperture.
Best course of action. Take your 35mm and check the new body.