What do you think about this deal?

tea2085

1. Nikon D3300 Digital SLR Cameras (Body Only)
2. Full Size Professional Photo Bag
3. Digital Slave Flash For Use With Digital Or Film Cameras
4. Lens Care and Maintenance Kit
5. Universal Digital Camera Screen Protector
6. Table Top Mini Tripod
7. 2GB SD Memory Card
8. High Speed Secure DigitalCard Reader
9. Full Size tripod
10. Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S Nikkor Lens
11. Cap Keeper
12. Memory Card Wallet
13. Wireless Remote for Digital SLR
14. 59-Inch Photo/Video Full Size Tripod For Nikon AW100 AW110

It's an offer by The Digital Pros.
Let me know if you see anything "off" Thanks- Paul

Blacktop

This camera normally comes with the 18-55mm VRII lens. This website is selling it with the original non VR lens which is pretty much worthless.
I don't know anything about this company, but I imagine that they are just a reseller website. I would be really really careful.
Do a web search on them before proceeding.

Bill16

To be honest, I wouldn't go for most of the added stuff. Your often better off just buying the camera, or the camera asnd kit lens. The extras aren't always worth the extra cost. For an example a 2 gig SD card is sorta a joke. Most people go with a 8gb minimum and often 16 gb or 32 GB sd.
So I wouldn't recommend these types of package deals. But this is just my opinion. :)

weebee

Do yourself a favor. Send them a e-mail and ask if the battery and charger is included. I researched them awhile ago. Be very careful.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Some of these companies have hidden shipping charges and fees they don't advertise. Go with B&H, Adorama, or Cameta for peace of mindBetter yet a local camera store, if you have a good one.

singlerosa_RIP

I agree with weebee. Way back when I bought my Canon S90, I went to order it from a place like Digital Pros and when they called back to confirm my order (their price was about $75 cheaper than everybody else on a $400 camera) the guy asked if I wanted a battery charger and a US battery. It was at that point that I cancelled my order. I have been dealing with reputable etailers ever since, mainly Adorama and B&H.

Rick M

Most of those packages are garbage, as Jim said, stick to the mainstream reputable dealers. These places make a living off the unsuspecting newbie, but you are now a step ahead of them :)

aroy

This is a rip off. In India you get brand new D3300+18-55VR-II+8GB SD+Case for this amount with bill and warranty. The seller is enticing buyers with old accessories. Beware.

SkvLTD

Want to save? Buy it used. Buy a body only and pick a better-suited lens for your needs, but still via reliable sites.

SteveH

A 2GB SD card? With prices as they are, there's no real reason to get less than 32GB. 2 GB will hold maybe 20 shots?

Like the advice already posted, I'd be very careful... Lots of these bits are bits that once you've had them a month, you pay again to replace... The bag - I'm guessing it will hold the camera and one lens, not very comfortably, in only dry weather. Also the screen protector - These are good, but get a quality one for your camera model... Nothing universal fits anything well!

And the tripods... Even reasonable tripods cost 100+, so a bundled one will be made of wet jelly I'd guess!

Shop around, you'll be able to build your own bundle of quality things in no time, for not much more than this. The D3300 though, that is a good bit of kit, just be wary of the lens make sure you get the latest.

SteveH

Also, if you want to buy new and save a little, I can recommend DigitalRev.com
They ARE grey imports, but they will provide a full 1 year warranty included in the price, so if it goes wrong, they will repair or replace just as Nikon would.

I don't work for them or get any kind of kick-backs, I'm just a happy customer having saved around £200 on a new D7100 earlier this year, and I also know others who have been long customers too.

tea2085

Here are the features they have listed
Features:
24.2-megapixel, 23.2mm x 15.4mm CMOS sensor

• Captures high-resolution images up to 6000 x 4000 pixels.

AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens included

• To ensure clear image capture.

3" VGA LCD

• With tilt capability makes it easy to review photos and videos.

High-definition movie mode

• Lets you record crisp video footage.

5 fps (frames per second)

• Enables rapid burst shooting.

ISO 100-12,800, expandable to 25,600

• For shooting in most lighting conditions.

Autofocus

• Helps bring subjects into clear view.

95% horizontal viewfinder Etc.
or do you think the ratings are bad enough that I should reject it- they do accept pay pal.

Last edited:

Blacktop

Here are the features they have listed
Features:
24.2-megapixel, 23.2mm x 15.4mm CMOS sensor

• Captures high-resolution images up to 6000 x 4000 pixels.

AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II lens included

• To ensure clear image capture.

3" VGA LCD

• With tilt capability makes it easy to review photos and videos.

High-definition movie mode

• Lets you record crisp video footage.

5 fps (frames per second)

• Enables rapid burst shooting.

ISO 100-12,800, expandable to 25,600

• For shooting in most lighting conditions.

Autofocus

• Helps bring subjects into clear view.

95% horizontal viewfinder Etc.
or do you think the ratings are bad enough to reject it- they do accept pay pal.

Did you read that link that I posted to Abes of Maine? You need to seriously do research on these resellers or pay a few more dollars and get it at a reputable dealer like B&H, Adorama, KEH just to name a few. By you trying to save a few dollars, it will cost you a lot more then that getting ripped off!