nikkor Q 135mm

Curt

I have an old lens nikkor Q 135mm. f3.5 I know its very old, but not real sure how old (as I bought it many years ago used). Anyone have a idea how old this lens is?
DSC_0924.JPG
DSC_0925.JPG

JoeLewisPhotography

(Edit, jdeg beat me to it)

Looks like 1959.

Found a pic of the exact lens with the following description here..

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/6070nikkor/telephoto/135mm.htm

[FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, helvetica]

Non-Ai
[/FONT][FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, helvetica]135mm f/3.5[/FONT][FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, helvetica] Nikkor-Q Auto telephoto lens

One of the earliest batch of Nikkor lenses introduced along with Nikon F in 1959 was a 13.5cm f/3.5 Nikkor-Q Auto telephoto lens.
[/FONT][FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, helvetica]Stephen Gandy[/FONT][FONT=arial, verdana, geneva, helvetica] at Cameraquest has a very detailed description of these lenses which he termed them as "Tick-Mark " (??) lenses. As I don't intend to duplicate resources on the network, if you are interested, you may use Stephen's site as the reference for those lenses. All these 135mm lenses have subsequently went through a few rounds of improvement rather than seeing any changes optically where it still stuck to a straight forward 4 elements in 3 groups optical construction.[/FONT]

Curt

Wow! Thats great to know 1959. I knew it was old, I bought it at a pawn shop years ago...lol.
For my Nikomat FT2 which it is still on...lol. Thanx Joe.

LensWork

Your lens markings and serial number place the manufacture date somewhere around late 1972-1973. Production of this version ran from 1969-1973, with a serial number range of 865101 - 981870. Since your lens serial number is near the end of the range for this version, I would estimate it was produced in late 1972-early 1973.

Last edited: