Browncoat

20110407-SDN-2.jpg

EXIF:
Nikon D300s
1/320 @ f/2.8
ISO 200
Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 @ 200mm
No flash

Before anyone gets their panties all bunched up, this isn't real. Well, the photo is real, but the crash scene is not. This is part of the annual Prom Promise event where local firefighters and police present a mock crash to high schoolers to show what can happen if they drink and drive.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
wow - that is powerful. Short of parking a crashed car in front of the school with blood on it like mine did, I would say this is pretty effective.

I wonder if this in color would bring out the realism of the scene?

AxeMan - Rick S.

B/W is the color for this shot. Knowing you are freelancing for a newspaper I thought at first glance for sure this was the real deal. Don't know if you set up the "models" or not but very convincing, a job well done on every ones part. More people need to see this teen or no teen. I am not much better, I have been known to drive and shot pictures from time to time. Whether you drinking, using cell phone, or taking pictures, another caption could be "Harsh reality of driving while distracted".

Rick

Browncoat

Nope, no posing done on my part. There were 2 crashed cars, and 5 "dead" teenagers among them. An actor called 911 (for real, though they knew this was a mock scene, as it was announced to dispatch that way) and I just snapped as this unfolded. First, the police arrived, then the firefighters and paramedics. I knew someone was going to check this girl's pulse, so I just composed, locked my focus, and waited.