With the release of the new D5100 can I ask?

theregsy

What do you want in a camera?
With digital cameras heading the way of mobile phones with video and more and more stuff being added all the time, what are things make THE camera for you?

1, image quality
2, ease of use
3, ability to use all my existing kit
4, reliability
5, controls
6, built in Wi-Fi would be great
7, maybe the ability to connect to an external hard drive and copy images accross without a computer.

As for the rest I can live without it, I really never used 'live view' on my older P&S or Bridges, don't care about in camera HDR or editing. As long as my camera can be easily controlled and has great image quality then that'll do me :)
Oh yeah basically a D3x for around £50 LOL

jengajoh

For me I want to be able to shoot in manual, and like Pete, get the shot I see in my head. Connecting to a computer wirelessly would be nice for uploading, using blue tooth or something, but that I'm sure, would really use up some battery power. My D90 is 12.3 MP, maybe a little more like 16 might be good.

Mike150

Believe it or not, I'm relatively happy with what I have with my D60. Heck, I'm still learning how to use some of its features. The only other features I wish it had, is DOF Preview, and Commander mode for the flash.