Labor Day Nikon 10% off Refurbished Cameras

FrankDTank

What is the general consensus about refurbished camera equipment. Shorter warranty an issue? Was considering pulling the trigger but wanted some input first.

RON_RIP

My D90 was a refurbished camera and I had zero issues with it. Purchased an extended warranty but would not do so again. Better to buy from someone like Cameta that offers a 1 year warranty.

eal1

i considered purchasing the 16-35 f/4 from nikon, refurbished, but you get a 90 days warranty . . . and that's it!
At least from Adorama you can purchase an extended warranty. I don't know about Cameta's policies except that there
online service differs from their in-store service. I was in their store once and i overheard a salesperson say that you cannot return an item to the store if you purchased it on line. The customer had to seek redress online. I do not know if i overheard accurately, but if you live near their store, you might want to call them and check that out.

RON_RIP

That is good info to know. Nikon is stingy with their warranties to begin with. How is it that Tamron can offer a 5 year warranty on their lenses and Nikon cannot?

FrankDTank

I assume camera repairs are expensive. Read they usually show up in first month or so. Could save 25%, but don't want to risk it. Anyone deal with nikon.com?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eal1

I had an online chat with a Nikon sales rep about a refurbished lens and she told me that there is not difference between the ones sold on the nikon refurbished site and those refurbished by Nikon but given to the authorized dealers to sell.
I assumed that Nikon holds back the best ones to sell on their own website - but maybe my assumption is incorrect.