Weekly Challenge Apr 6-13: Childhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browncoat

misc47.jpg

Childhood

Weekly Challenge April 6-13

Kayte won the Family Pet weekly challenge, and will be judging these entries.

Childhood can have many interpretations with photography. The challenge is show your interpretation of the topic 'childhood'- either with children or other creative ways to show it in a photo.

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on April 13th...so get those photos in!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
  2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
  3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
  4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

Last edited:

dfarmer03

piggy_bank_resize2.jpg

Oh, the memories... I remember my grandfather would give me all the change in his pocket just to watch the excitement.

This guy said it best,
"I can't remember the last time I saw a piggy bank outside a Toy Story movie. It used to be that every child had one, although I'm unsure as to the history of the piggy bank, or why someone thought that sticking money into a porcelain pig was a great idea. But the point is, children used to earn their allowance by doing jobs, and then they would carefully plunk their coins into the back of their little piggy, and then they'd rattle it to see if it sounded any different. It was a ritual, a happy childhood tradition."

-Derrick

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

I don't have any of these "YET", but I'm thinking a photo of a child blowing the dandelion seeds would be a good shot. All I need is a dandelion, and a child. Alas it will be too late for this competition.

Shoot! All you have to do is ask around. I'm willing to bet that there are some parents that'll GIVE you a couple of kids! :)

Pete

Mike150

I was planning on photographing a couple of the newly graduated PhDs we have at work. Then I realized that would fall under the "CHILDISH" catagory, not "CHILDHOOD". I swear, those guys can't even wipe the counter in the breakroom behind themselves. Not to worry, two of the grand daughters are coming to see us this afternoon.

Browncoat

Hmm....

Only a few submissions so far, and it's already Saturday? Don't tell me you guys are backing away from a challenge?

Hmm....

Only a few submissions so far, and it's already Saturday? Don't tell me you guys are backing away from a challenge?

For those without children, approaching a child (and parent) and asking to take a shot of the child for a photo competition might be an issue.
Otherwise, I'd have to drive an hour and a half to borrow a niece, since she's the only "child" relative I have.

Browncoat

Childhood can have many interpretations with photography. The challenge is show your interpretation of the topic 'childhood'- either with children or other creative ways to show it in a photo.

You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

I win. ;)

Curt

Guess I posted mine in the wrong spot...lol. Here is my little guy playing away with his room full of toys :).

DSC_0883.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike150

Ok here's my entry. My granddaughter was just told she could pick some of the tulips. I thought we'd never catch up with her. Unfortunately, the day is very overcast, and this morning was extreemly foggy so all the tulips were closed up and the colors were rather dull. Young Regan (4) and her sister (6) had a very good time though.

Tulip Fest-3A.jpg

Mike150

dsc_0012_199219.jpg

Black Board wall in Daughters room. The one way that it is OK for kids to write on walls. :)

We did the same thing for our grand daughters. They're still short so we only went 4' up the wall. We put on magnetic paint first (about 8 layers) then chalk board paint over top. That way they can draw or can put those magnetic alphabet pieces to spell words.

Vermontster

Childhood Challenge 3.jpg

When I was a kid, we had some swings, a slide and monkey bars. We were in the park all the time. Today the kids have every piece of playground equipment imaginable; but as the photo indicates, there were no kids (just as well, old dude with big camera in middle of playground LOL). I found out later that the kids were all at home playing "Psuedo Playground" on thier X-Boxes and PS-2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.