Nikon D5200 Timelapse problem

jazino

Hi, I'm currently shooting timelapse on my D5200 using the D5200's Interval timer, but I seem to be having a problem when shooting at 1 or 2 second intervals, from what I can tell after a few shots it starts missing shots due to the camera not writing to the card fast enough I think, I use a Sandisk Ultra 64gb class 10 card, at 4 second intervals it works fine, I normally shoot in the daytime at ISO100, F8/13, Shutter 1/90 or 1/125, Release mode: single frame, I'm not sure if the cameras not up to shooting at that speed or the sd cards is too slow, does anyone have any ideas, cheers. :confused:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Thinking about this, some more information might be needed to determine the problem. How are you saving the images? Raw, Raw & Jpg, or Jpg? Also what size parameters are set? To use parameters to save smaller files per image, might eliminate or narrow the reasons for it not working at the shorter interval times. I haven't tried any time lapse, so take all I've said with a grain of salt. I am guessing that the camera cannot process the images due to larger file size/image will create a "log jam" over time.

jazino

I was saving in RAW only, I might try saving in JPEG to see if that helps, but obviously you can't do as much in post-processing, cheers.