Eyesight & Diopter adjustment

Deleted

Hi

I wear glasses for distance vision, such as driving & lately, TV. My right "viewfinder" eye has the worst sight. My eyesight is not getting worse quickly, but I have to assume it will gradually get worse over time. I of course have regular check-ups.

I do not wear glasses to use a camera, otherwise I would not be able to see the buttons, live view etc.

My only experience of holding a Nikon camera is with the D3300 & D5300 in my local Currys. On each camera the viewfinder was fine, but only with the Diopter adjustment set to the furthest left setting.

The D610 has a adjustment level of -3 - +1 m-1, which I don't understand. The D3300 has -1.7 - +0.5 m-1. Going by numbers alone, the D610 appears to have a greater adjustment range. My question is, should my eyesight become worse than the adjustment level, are there any viewfinder add-ons to enable a greater adjustment?

nickt

dk-20C. Some sites don't list these as fitting any of the newer cameras, but the d3300 and d610 manuals refer you to this part. They come in -5 to +3.

I haven't needed one yet, but I'm getting there. My eyes make me crazy. Sometimes I wear distance glasses and must remove the glasses to see buttons, display and viewfinder. Sometimes I wear contacts and must carry reading glasses to see buttons and display. Then I have to decide to look through the viewfinder with reading glasses on or readjust the viewfinder for my contacts.

Deleted

@nickt
Thanks for your helpful reply. I'm pleased to be able to find a Nikon accessory to continue to use my camera if my eyesight gets worse.

For other members viewing this, a paste from NikonUSA:

To determine which Nikon diopter value is best suited for you, visit your ophthalmologist, optometrist or dispensing optician. Ask them to determine your diopter from (your corrective prescription) when viewing an object at distance of approximately one meter. Base your selection on this diopter value.