Repair Nikon D5300 QuickTime Mov Files on Windows 7?

FiretoFlames

I shot some video with my Nikon D5200 however some of them wont play, when I try to play them it's says "windows media player encountered a problem while playing the file". They don't play on my camera or VLC Media Player. Also Sony Vegas can not open them. I'm not sure what problem is. Half of the files play fine and the other half do not. How can I fix them as I really need these files.

Horoscope Fish

I can't tell you what the problem is; it could be one of any number of things. Most likely there was a problem transferring the file from your card to your hard drive, though. Do the videos play on your D5200? Have you tried re-copying the original file? You might also try converting the files from one format to another using conversion software.

DraganDL

"half of the files"? One half of (any) video file, or some files are playing fine, other files cannot be played. In any case, it could be a problem with QT (Quick time movie) codec. Crappy, stupid codec, if you ask me.
-Try to play these videos in Pot Daum player.
-Try to convert these videos into "avi" or "mpeg", using some free program such as Freemake video converter...

FiretoFlames

The files don't play on the camera or while on the SD Card. I recorded 10 videos, the first 5 play just fine and the second set of 5 have this issue