Ordered another lens for D3100 - Just wanted to share

ChrisM

I ordered my first "second" lens for my D3100. I am patiently waiting for the 35mm 1.8 AF-S to arrive. Just wanted to share because i'm super excited ;) I'm hoping to have it by this weekend.

fotojack

Re: Just wanted to share

......"and so it begins".........LOL Joe. :) Well said. The NAS bug has infected Chris already. :) (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome) And yes, it never ends. Congrats on your new lens. Enjoy.

theregsy

LOL Helene, if you sold your house could you buy a gadget bag big enough for your kit and to live in? LOL I am a bargain basement gadget shopper so its E-bay all the way for me, I do have a 50mm f1.8 which will have to do for now LOL
Happy new lens ChrisM, hope its everything you wanted and just remember that there is always room for just one more lens in your bag ;)

I am sure Helene will confirm that! LOL

ChrisM

Mark i'm a bargain shopper too ... I didn't get this one from ebay though, I actually found it cheaper (at the time at least) through AAFES .... no tax and free shipping ;) I figured i'd take advantage of my military benefits for once. The only downside is that it's taking forever to actually "get" the lens. I called today and they said it will be shipped Thursday. So i'm hoping to have it by the weekend *crossing fingers*.

Browncoat

will_photograph_for_food.jpg
Photo courtesy of bluemoonstudios.net/blog/

ohkphoto

Snow White

Too funny, Anthony! You couldn't find a pic of a baglady with a shopping cart (full of nikon equipment)? :cool:

Mike150

I am IMMUNE to the NAS bug. I've developed this immunity by constantly hearing the word "NO" from my wife...
Maybe I should tell her it's on sale. She sees SALE items as saving money, not spending it.

theregsy

I have the NAS bug, and a lock on my wallet, I think if I ever spent the £1000+ on a lens that I would love to do (after winning lottery! LOL) the words would be NO, they would amongst other things include Divorce and a lot of other words that are unprintable LOL :) Mind you its the wifes fault I got bitten again in the first place.
I have seen a T-shirt with will work for beer on it, might have to get one of them :)

JoeLewisPhotography

My wife is the opposite. She doesn't care what i spend on gear, so long as the bills are paid first, Same goes for her. she can buy what she wants. it was her idea......wait, I see what she did there.......little sneaky......ah well. For the most part, every week i put $ away strictly for this purpose. Just have to have patience while saving. It feels great when you finally use the savings, but sucks to start over again like i just did after buying an SB900, a pair of pocket wizards and portrait professional.

Ruidoso Bill

Ebay is funny, I ended up buying my 50 1.8 cheaper new from adorama that what they were going for on ebay. You need to do your homework. My wife doesn't complain too much about the gear. I can usually tie that into some type of work or income. It's the Harley, the Corvette etc etc that I have problems explaining but she's put up with that for 27 years this coming thursday. Think I'll keep her.

Last edited:

Rick M

Ebay is funny, I ended up buying my 50 1.8 cheaper new from adorama that what they were going for on ebay. You need to do your homework. My wife doesn't complain too much about the gear. I can usually tie that into some type of work or income. It's the Harley, the Corvette etc etc that I have problems explaining but she's put up with that for 27 years this coming thursday. Think I'll keep her.

I've found that strange also, People bidding on ebay for close to retail. Why save only $50-$100 on a $700 lens and have no warranty? Not to mention you don't know how "used" it really is.

Joseph Bautsch

ChrisM, the 35mm AF-S f/1.8 is a great low light lens. It's a very sharp go anywhere lens. You will enjoy using it.

Helene, use of a shopping cart to carry personal belongings on the street in the State of Georgia will land you in jail. Shopping carts by law belong to the stores in the shopping malls or other locations and used only for their products. Shopping carts are not sold to the general public so if you have one on the street and you are using it for personal belongings you can be arrested for possession of stolen property.

Right at the moment, and I'm sure it's only temporary, I'm happy as a clam with the equipment I have. A D90 with five lenses covering 11mm through 300MM, a bunch of filters, and a tripod. The wife dosen't complain about the equipment I buy, you should see her antique quilt collection.