Joined the club

D12345678

After some frustration trying to track down one with a reasonable price tag, I finally got mine this morning. Did some quick test shots with a 50 1.8G and 55 2.8 around the backyard, before the rain started tumbling down again. Very impressed with what I've seen so far!

D810.jpg

D12345678

Thanks, looking forward to some nice weather (it's terrible at the moment) to get outside, enjoy it and share the results!

zutty

Congrats D.! The D810 is an amazing unit. Btw, I'm curious as to weather yours has the black dot on the inside of the tripod thread. It would indicate that the minor issue with long exposures was dealt with. No biggie either way really. As I'm sure you can already see, that camera is a wonderful machine...Enjoy it!

D12345678

Congrats D.! The D810 is an amazing unit. Btw, I'm curious as to weather yours has the black dot on the inside of the tripod thread. It would indicate that the minor issue with long exposures was dealt with. No biggie either way really. As I'm sure you can already see, that camera is a wonderful machine...Enjoy it!
Funny thing, I only read about that issue yesterday morning before driving to the shop to buy. It made me feel hesitant but after trying hard to get the money together and then finding a shop with them in stock I wasn't going to let that stop me. And no, it's not marked in the tripod thread, but at this stage I don't care. I'll get around to trying some long exposures and see how it goes then! I've been following your posts and glad to see you got yours back too, enjoy!

zutty

Thanks D.....You're going to love that D810! The so-called defect is nothing to worry about. The only reason I exchanged mine is that I'm a worry wart, and it was an easy exchange. I see you're already snapping away. I love using the 70-300 with it too!

Cowleystjames

You will NOT regret your purchase. It truly is a great camera and I couldn't replicate the so called problem found by some dubious website.
However, because Nikon is only down the road from me, I shall be having the 'fix' as I don't want to affect my resale value later on down the road when nikon bring out the D820 lol.......

D12345678

And something different - crops from glowing waves taken about an hour after sunset. They were difficult to capture, being night and about 150 yards away with a 50mm lens, standing on the beach.

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

PanamaZR1

Congrats !!! I sold my D600 and got my D810 two weeks ago. Since I live in Panama and there is no official tech I will not be sending this baby back to USA in order to fix this detail. I am in love with my camera!!!

Last edited:

rikman

Couple of test shots with D810...

Attachments

• BIRDHOUSE.jpg
    BIRDHOUSE.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 130
  • SPIDER.jpg
    SPIDER.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 133
  • TOAST.jpg
    TOAST.jpg