Where to find the allusive Nikon 70-300CX?

crashton

OK good folks of Nikonites I need your help. My CFO gave me the OK to buy a 70-300CX lens:D, but I can't find one:(. I know I can pre-order, but I'd like instant gratification. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to buy in the USA.

Thanks

crashton

Yes I did mean CX it is for the Nikon 1 mirrorless camera system. The lenses appear to be made from pixie dust & unicorn horns. Hard buggers to find.

crashton

From what I gather they were delivered in July, but all of those lenses were on pre-order. I believe the lens was announced with the V3.

At the time I didn't have the money, now I do & it's a vapor lens.

Horoscope Fish

From what I gather they were delivered in July, but all of those lenses were on pre-order. I believe the lens was announced with the V3.

At the time I didn't have the money, now I do & it's a vapor lens.
That was a pretty highly-anticipated lens and as such I would imagine demand will remain on the higher side of high for a little while.

You're best bet, IMO, would be to plunk down your ill-gotten dinero at someplace like Amazon, who is of course currently out of stock at the moment, and wait your turn. This way you can tell SWMBO the money has been spent preventing her from cutting you off at the purse-strings when she regains her sanity/consciousness. Amazon won't *actually* ding you 'till the goods are ready to ship, but what do I know about maintaining marital bliss?

crashton

I found one! Oh boy!!!

After searching for a few days I was looking at the 10-100 that I bought from Buydig & thought heck I didn't check there. Ten minutes later & I now have a new 70-300CX on the way to me. Life is good. :joyous:

Now to find the elusive tripod adapter. Always searching for something.

Last edited:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
CX? Did you mean FX ?

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.41.39 AM.png