3rd Party Battery Grips

bettyswolloks

Hey all, how we doin' today? I'm looking at keeping this D7100 so need a grip, I'm happy to buy a 3rd party grip as the price they want for a Nikon one is....well we all know the score don't we :)
I'm looking for recommendations on which to buy and were from folks, I'm in the UK. Which one's do I need to stay away from? I've spent time on ebay looking for one, but unlike pentax there's lots of options!!

Thanx :)

rocketman122

when I had my D600, I bought a no name battery grip. it came with 2 decoded batteries for $72 shipped. just check amazon type D7100 grip or MB-D15 grip and see the different reviews.

weebee

I bought the Vello BG-N11. Cost 90.00USD Is has the same feature as the Nikon brand. My D7100 sees it and monitors the battery use. I haven't tried the AA battery tray that comes with it.

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

After reading reviews I got the Phottix grip for my D7100 as it seemed folks were saying it was a little less cheaply constructed than others. So far (24 hours) it's performed perfectly. If feels OK, but not as solid as a Nikon grip. Does it feel more solid than the Zeikos I have for my D800? Maybe. It's twice the price of a Vello or Zeikos, so I may see if I can track one of those down in the next week and perhaps swap it out and save some change. Or not. It's $40 saved, but I'll burn that in time and gas trying to find one near me.

RocketCowboy

Meike is the grip that I heard about the most when I was looking for options with my D5300. Lately, it seems like people have been comfortable with the Vello. I ended up not doing a grip for the D5300, at least for now, but haven't heard of problems with either brand's grips on the D7100.

carguy

I have a Meike in my Amazon cart for my D7100. Just can't see spending good glass $ on the OEM version :)

If I planned to hang it from the BlackRapid a bit, I would go for the Nikon version.