Post your favorite shot, (or two)

Blacktop

Post your all time favorite shot that you have taken since you started taking photos with a camera.
It doesn't have to be the best image quality or the best composed shot. Just something that you took that captured a moment, and you always come back to look at it for some reason.
If you can't make up your mind post a few. Also maybe a short story behind the image would be interesting as well.

This one is special, because this is the first image that I have taken that I actually wanted to frame and put on my wall.

_DSC2149-3.jpg

This one I took recently. Nothing special about the image except that this bird is mostly doomed. The tour guide said that it had a broken wing and can not fly. Most likely will be eaten by an alligator over time. This one makes me sad everytime I look at it.

Lake Martin, Louisiana-Swamp Tour-3559.jpg

Finally , I still have a hard time looking at this pic. It was the last picture ever taken of Daisy The Rottweiler before she went missing.

_DSC1531.jpg

RON_RIP

I was awestruck by this rock formation and this is the first year that I became enamored of photography, just knowing that i could capture and hold this image to enjoy for a long time after it had faded somewhat img006 - Version 2 - 2008-02-10 at 17-32-15.jpgfrom my memory.

Bill16

This first shot is my first spider shot that I really liked.I think it is likely the best shot I've taken so far too.

1375205713744.jpg

This next shot is I think my best flower shot so far, and I really liked the tones of color.

1375135779945.jpg

And this last shot I love the composition and the subject. ;)

1404953121375.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
But one of my best pictures is the portrait I did of my grand-daughter a few years ago with my D90 and 50 1.8 in her bathtub.

judith_b_w.jpeg

Bob Blaylock

This looks like there's a big field of grass here, doesn't it? Nothing of the sort. This is a grass strip in a parking lot, no more than about three or four feet wide. I was arriving here, just as the sun was coming over the horizon. I crouched down very low, to catch the rising sun in the background, behind this bit of grass, with the dewdrops on it.

GrassDewSunrise_20140212_071834.jpg

That was at a trade school where I am currently learning to become an electrician.

Some detail from a few of the dewdrops in the above picture, showing some distant trees refracted therein…

GrassDewSunrise_20140212_071834.jpg

This picture was taken in the very same parking lot, on a different day, when it was very foggy.

DSC_7797.jpg

This was part of a sequence that I took to stitch into a 360° panorama.

FoggyMorningAtNCE.jpg by bob_blaylock, on Flickr

The strip of grass that you see in the full panorama is the same strip across which I took that first picture.

Michael J.

When I look to those photos posted in this thread I'm realizing that my favorite shot will come one day. But I have a favorite shot seen so far in this thread, unfortunately not taken by myself.

What I like about this thread it gives a lot of spirit to the viewer. Great thread.