Want to buy D3300 but what lenses schould I pick?!

Bertje

Hi,

I'm a newbe and want to buy the Nikon D3300.
Well I can buy him with the standard Kit lens...but is that enough... Can I do enough with this lens or do I need anotherone for more range?

If so, what is then a good lens?

Thanks!!

Pretzel

Blacktop mentioned two great lenses for sure, but it really all depends on what you like/want to shoot? The 70-300 VR is a really nice lens for that extra reach, but if you're looking more for a portrait lens: the 50mm 1.8g is quite nice, the 85mm 1.8g is even nicer (although will make you back up a bit with the DX format camera).

Last edited:

aroy

I would suggest just get the D3300 with the kit lense for now. After a couple of months you will be able to point to the direction your photography is taking, and then decide on what type of lense you need.

Horoscope Fish

I would suggest the Nikon 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6 and the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G prime to get started; that's a damn good combo for anyone.

Use the money you save for a Yongnuo 568EX flash... And a tripod and head... And a bag... And a good CPL... And...

Bertje

I would suggest just get the D3300 with the kit lense for now. After a couple of months you will be able to point to the direction your photography is taking, and then decide on what type of lense you need.

Thanks.... actually I think I follow this option ;)

Why I couldn't come at it bymyself :p

Nero

I would suggest the Nikon 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6 and the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G prime to get started; that's a damn good combo for anyone.

Use the money you save for a Yongnuo 568EX flash... And a tripod and head... And a bag... And a good CPL... And...

Maybe a nice hat. Just for show. :D

TedG954

I use my D3300 regularly and I've found that the 18-55 VRII, the 55-200 VR, and the 35/1.8, fit every need I've come across. The only addition I'd suggest is a super-wide like the Tokina 12-28/4. I use my Tokina 12-24/4 more than anything else.

D200freak

I personally consider the 55-300 VR to be my favorite DX lens. Why go for a 55-200 or even a 70-300 when you can get a 55-300?

I have ALL of those lenses and if I'm going to grab a DX camera, I grab the 18-55 and the 55-300. This really does cover pretty much all the bases and with very decent picture quality.

Granted, my version 70-300 may not be the "best" one but I still think the 55-300 is really quite a good lens at its price point. It's actually an overachiever at its price point, in my opinion. It's only 220 bucks, refurbished, direct from Nikon, so it's literally like a brand new lens.

Daz

I would say the 35mm 1.8 is a lovely lens to add to the D3300, I personally had the 18-55, 70-300 Tamron and the 50mm 1.8g, I should have went for the 35mm so I had 50mm effective but now I am on FX im glad I have the 50mm

Blacktop

I personally consider the 55-300 VR to be my favorite DX lens. Why go for a 55-200 or even a 70-300 when you can get a 55-300?

I have ALL of those lenses and if I'm going to grab a DX camera, I grab the 18-55 and the 55-300. This really does cover pretty much all the bases and with very decent picture quality.

Granted, my version 70-300 may not be the "best" one but I still think the 55-300 is really quite a good lens at its price point. It's actually an overachiever at its price point, in my opinion. It's only 220 bucks, refurbished, direct from Nikon, so it's literally like a brand new lens.

Because the 70-300 mm VR lens is not only great on a DX body, but should the OP consider switching to an FX body later on, then the 70-300mm VR lens is also a fantastic FX lens.