Models?

FarOut

I have been looking for models online and have only found two real sites, onemodelplace and model mayham. The second of which application review team did not like me as I carefully went thru gen and photographer requirements and still got my account closed(not that it was really open) and was wondering if you knew other places to find models.

Ps I'm new to photography so I cant really pay agencies large sums

Joseph Bautsch

First you have to learn photography before you can even think of working with a model. Serious amateur models who are willing to work for free or some paid expenses are looking for really good shots to build a portfolio. They are not willing to work with anyone who is just learning to handle a camera. Best advice is to join a camera club, take photography classes and workshops. Learn to use your camera and equipment inside and out. And above all lose the "I an weird and I am not normal" attitude. Otherwise forget working with good models. It won't happen.

Browncoat

+1 on everything Mr. Bautsch said.

If you're still green, try working with a non-professional model first to get your feet wet. I'm sure you have a friend who would be willing to pose for you. Any model who is good enough to charge a rate will expect a certain level of performance from you and in the end, it will be a waste of your time and more importantly, money. Practice, practice, practice.

I was rejected by Model Mayhem several times before I was able to post shots that were good enough to pass their screeners. Have faith and keep at it!

jengajoh

I have seen ads on Craigslist of photographers looking for models and vice versa, they have been unpaid as it is a good chance to build both people's portfolio. I don't know how well that works, but just a suggestion.

FarOut

I have seen ads on Craigslist of photographers looking for models and vice versa, they have been unpaid as it is a good chance to build both people's portfolio. I don't know how well that works, but just a suggestion.

Thank you for answering my question.

Ruidoso Bill

I agree with Joseph when he advised to join a local club. Some even organize events and shoots and the cost is divided between participants and it will also give you more knowledge of what is available in your area.