Could it be an Fx Mirrorless??

sonicbuffalo_RIP

pure skepticism on my part but I doubt it.....it is kind of a tease though, isn't it? Basing my belief on what is said by Rumors here:

"...The big question for now remains the focusing system, but I doubt Nikon will ruin an "action" camera with 39 AF points and believe that they will include the better 51 AF points system from the D810/D4s (that's just my opinion, I have no info on the focusing system yet). I also expect a higher fps rate than the D610/D810 and improved video recording capabilities.

Read more on NikonRumors.com: The upcoming Nikon full frame DSLR will be marketed as an "action" camera | Nikon Rumors"

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Nikon needs to make a splash with something new, same old isn't keeping the shareholders happy!

I am not holding my breath on a mirrorless FX. Not just yet. Maybe 3 years from now but this could be a hybrid type or plain old mirror slap using the more powerful processor with larger buffer to accommodate a 8 to 10 fps at 24mp.

kamaccord

I am anxious to see what Nikon has developed since I have contemplated going full frame for a while now. I wold definitely like to have a better camera for evening football games along the lines of the D700. If this camera is attractive my second concern would be whether an updated version of the same camera being released in less than a year for some strange reason.

BackdoorArts

I'd love to see something else with the fps rate of the big boys at a pro-sumer price. I'm not going to buy it (don't have the glass to take advantage of it for wildlife), but it's what's lacking in the D8xx and D6xx offerings.

kamaccord

I hope it has a body like the D4s with a built-in grip. That would definitely be different for a price range in between the D810 and D610.

wornish

Looking at the teaser picture it seems to have the hump on the top of the body that houses the pentaprism so probably its a SLR but you can hope.

Deleted

Peering through the smoke & mirrors of marketing hype, my feeling is that we will see a D620.

There is generally a 2 year product cycle.
The D610 came out after 1 year to fix a quality/design issue with the D600.
Nikon put into the D610 whatever they had ready for the next version.
I'm thinking that the D6xx has an obvious catch-up due with the 51 focus points seen in the D7100.
51 focus points, Expeed 4 & a large buffer could be argued as action orientated.
2014 would be the regular new model time for the D6xx series.

There are 3 main special offers on new bodies:
D4S - Extra £400 in part exchange until 30 September 2014
D800 & D800E - several different deals expiring 31 August 2014 - low stocks of D810 available now
D610 - Extra £150 in part exchange expiring 31 August 2014
Models due to be replaced will always have special offers. Photokina is 16 September 2014. Any new model special offer would expire before announcement of a new model.

Or am I just hoping too much? :cool: