Pimp my Photo

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi folks. To all who are HDR gurus, show me how you can pimp this picture. This is more of a photo challenge to see what you can come up with.

You are allowed to download and edit this image.

Nikon 16-34mm f4 010.jpg

Eyelight

Hi folks. To all who are HDR gurus, show me how you can pimp this picture. This is more of a photo challenge to see what you can come up with.

Not that I could do much in the way of HDR, but the image is right-click protected.

Michael J.

First right click - after click OK

second right click - check the field -after that you can right click without any problems.

Or just click on the photo and drop it on your desktop

Brazeal

I just made a few quick Lightroom adjustments and made a faux HDR. There's some ugly artifacts because of starting with low res JPG instead of RAW. Keep in mind that this is not true HDR with multiple exposures, so you can't expect too much...
Nikon 16-34mm f4 010-Edit.jpg

Blacktop

View attachment 106066

I would need at least 3 NEF files with at least a 0 +1 -1 exposures to be able to do a proper HDR.

5 exposures would be even better. I would also need a cappuccino, and a slice of Tiramisu to put me in the mood for HDR.

That's just how I roll.:cool:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I just made a few quick Lightroom adjustments and made a faux HDR. There's some ugly artifacts because of starting with low res JPG instead of RAW. Keep in mind that this is not true HDR with multiple exposures, so you can't expect too much...

It looks way better already. I wonder if I can post the DNG file here so that everyone will have a better final product?

Eyelight

It looks way better already. I wonder if I can post the DNG file here so that everyone will have a better final product?

If you use Dropbox or similar, you can copy a direct link and post the link. The direct link only provides access to the single file.

wev

Contributor
I guess I just don't understand the point of HDR. Correcting the warped perspective I get.

Eyelight

I guess I just don't understand the point of HDR. Correcting the warped perspective I get.

I kinda sorta interested in HDR, but there seems to me to be a finer line than regular post between just right and too much.

So, watching the thread to see where it goes.

Blacktop

It's fun. It's even more fun when people don't know that it's HDR.
I have lots of pics on here in non HDR threads that are actually HDR . I don't feel the need to explain every one of my images. If someone asks then I'll tell them.