Mud

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Fun! Apparently the camera and lens are fine :)

dwn5132.jpg

Source: Hey, I Think You Missed a Spot! : Liquid in Plastic – Photography and Words by Dan Newton
and Don’t worry…… Its a Nikon. « FieldingFotography

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Ouch, nice to know that the camera and lense are doing OK, but I'd rather this didn't happen to me.

ChrisM

Oh my goodness ... and to think i nearly had a heart attack when I dropped my UV filter into the sand at the beach last weekend.

AxeMan - Rick S.

I would get killed if I brought home my gear looking like this. We have a rule in our house, if it has mud on it, it stays outside by the front door? I'm going to lose sleep over this photo, can't imagine this happing to me. Wonder what the story behind it is. An accident or stupidity. If it was me, my luck it would be stupidity.

ChrisM

I would get killed if I brought home my gear looking like this. We have a rule in our house, if it has mud on it, it stays outside by the front door? I'm going to lose sleep over this photo, can't imagine this happing to me. Wonder what the story behind it is. An accident or stupidity. If it was me, my luck it would be stupidity.

Read the story on the second link .... it wasn't an accident, lol.

Snap Happy

IF - And I mean IF I was working for someone and using their equipment, or the companies, I don't think I would or could even do this. LOL

I always carry a spare garbage bag and duck tape (not for taping ducks, but it is very useful and has 101 uses) just in case. I don't think this guy used the 7 P's Principal at all!!!! (ask if you don't know what the 7 P's are)

While interesting, this is defiantly something I would not do unless I had a waterproof camera. Or the camera in waterproof housing. :) But it is nice to see how well built and rugged the Nikon is. :)

jcottone45

That's more Ps that what's in some Pods. But ever so true!!!
Even this Half Fast Photographer would never let that happen to my camera my person well that's another story.!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

theregsy

While at a festival once (Cockrock - no really LOL) I was taking a breather with a cup of french coffee (brandy in it) and a crepe with chocolate in it, it had been a long weekend and it was now dark and getting cold so I wasn't really with it. After finishing my crepe and sipping my coffee I noticed that my wife was staring at me with a look of horror, I looked down and discovered that I had leaked melted chocolate from the crepe all over my Fuji S2. After a small emergency cleanup with napkins I switched her on adn all was well, that was 2 years ago and the Fuji is still going strong although there is still a small amount of chocolate in the little grip cutout on the rear command wheel that just will not shift no matter what I do. I have had the S2 and the D2x out in some truly horrible conditions and they both have performed exactly as advertised, no faults no water ingress just top quality digital photography :) Still even with the chocolate sauce it wasn't as bad as that D3 at the top, says a lot about Nikons sealing doesn't it :)

Last edited: