no headphone plug

Amnon Bleich

I bought the camera mainly to shoot movies. I really liked the feature of connecting the mic directly to the camera.
However, as far as I know its impossible to connect headphones this way. which makes audio adjusting less efficient (and the final result usually less good).
I would like to know if someone tried to shoot a movie like this, and how did he/she manage?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I bought the camera mainly to shoot movies. I really liked the feature of connecting the mic directly to the camera.
However, as far as I know its impossible to connect headphones this way. which makes audio adjusting less efficient (and the final result usually less good).
I would like to know if someone tried to shoot a movie like this, and how did he/she manage?

Welcome to the forum.

I've shot several movie clips using the volume in Auto mode. They all worked well especially when watching concert.

My D800E has a head phone jack but I don't even use it since I am usually happy with the recorded sound.

chewie_77

Hi, there is a cable by Sescom that offers a way to monitor audio, but I have not evaluated it personality. Beware you need a 3.5mm female to female adapter in addition to the cable.

Error