Image review after capture

richardhurst

Hi, when you take an image it displays it on the rear display for a few seconds then vanishes. Is there a way to set it so that it displays the image continuously until you press the shutter again or another button without having to go back into the playback option.

nickt

Re: Image preview after capture

I don't have a d800, but I'm guessing NO, you can't keep it on forever. But you should be able to go up to 10 minutes. Its menu C4 on the d7100. Maybe the same menu on yours or check the manual.

richardhurst

Re: Image preview after capture

I don't have a d800, but I'm guessing NO, you can't keep it on forever. But you should be able to go up to 10 minutes. Its menu C4 on the d7100. Maybe the same menu on yours or check the manual.

Thank you, I'll take a look tonight. With my old canon you had the option of something like display for 2 seconds, 5 seconds or continuous.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I've corrected the thread title to read "Image Review after capture" instead of Image Preview, since preview is done Before the capture. I hope the original poster won't mind my interference.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I wouldn't do it. Continuous display would sure run the battery down quickly. I just takes a second to press the display button, too.

I turned the auto display off since it makes it harder to make a quick ISO change right after a shot, and I need to do this very quickly when shooting wildlife.

So, I didn't answer your question and tried to talk you out of doing what you wanted, Not a very helpful post. I can be like that sometimes. Just ask my wife. :)

nickt

I agree. Also just changing the shutter speed or moving the focus point around is not possible while the image review is still up on the rear screen. (I think, I don't have a d800/810) The command wheel and multi-selctor are taking on image review functions while the picture is up. You can turn it off by tapping the shutter button, but in the heat of the moment, it is a nuisance. For this reason I have automatic review turned off in the playback menu, however, it still follows the c4 timer when I manually review the image.