Coastal Bridge

jp4294

Hey guys,
I went for my first shoot at sunrise yesterday so I'm just wanting some pointers on what I did right and wrong. I under estimated how quickly the sun rises so everything was pretty rushed but I think it turned out alright. I was also hoping to get a shot from a higher angle to really show the curve of the bridge but I couldn't.
Let me know what you guys think.
ISO200
18mm
f/5.6
1/60sec
Sea Cliff-2.jpg

RON_RIP

Nice shot. Possibly a polarizing filter or a graduated ND filter could have dampened the sun glare just a little bit. The bridge curvature shows quite nicely.

jp4294

Thanks guys.
I did have a polariser actually but it didn't make too much difference. I think if I'd gotten there a bit earlier, whilst the sun was lower, it would've been a bit better.
Ebd, it's in Coalcliff, on the south coast of New South Wales, Australia.

FastGlass

Very nice. A polarizing filter would have done nothing as your shooting into the sun. Shooting perpendicular to the sun is how they work. A Graduated ND filter would have helped but I would have shot it this way and fixed it using the ND filter in post.

Vixen

The Sea Cliff Bridge!! I'll be driving down there later this month but I won't be anywhere near at sunrise unfortunately.
I think you hit it on the head about being there earlier. The only other approach would have been to take a bracketed set and HDR it, or take a pair of shots exposing for the land and then the sky and using a bit of each with layers ( a skill I don't yet have myself).

Back you go.............. :D