Link Exchange

Browncoat

Got a business website you want to promote? You've come to the right place!

Links are the currency of the internet. The more external links (other sites linking to you) that you have, the more "credible" your site is with search engines. Link building is part of any SEO campaign, and I figured we could all use a little boost by exchanging links. You put your link here, and by participating, you agree to put links to other photographers on your own site.

Post the following info in your reply if you wish to participate:

• Link text. The actual text you want to appear.
  • URL. Paste the actual web address you want the link to point to.
  • Your business geographical location (city, state).
The above are all mandatory. Be sure to include your location so that those who are in competitive markets can opt out of posting your link on their site. Photographers in California have nothing to lose posting a link to a fellow photographer in Florida...so don't look at this as giving something away to the competition. However two Green Bay, Wisconsin photographers may not want to link to each other.

A link exchange has other business potential besides just search rankings. One of my longtime clients may move or have out of state business, and require the services of a photographer at their new location.

I will provide a template in my reply. We will have to use the
Code:
 snippet for pasting the URL so that it appears as text instead of an actual link.  The [code] shortcut looks like the pound sign # in the menu above.  You must use the advanced posting method (no quick reply) to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ohkphoto

Snow White
So the links don't go here, but on the site? Or we put them here so that others can copy and put them on their site?
I think I just answered my own question (duh!)

Browncoat

On a side note, you know that flash-based websites have just about zero SEO value, right? But that's a topic for another day. :)

Browncoat

Well, they say knowing is half the battle.

And for those who don't know, be careful where you get your SEO info from. There's a lot of misinformation out there. Many, many photographers use Flash-based websites because they're very sleek in design and because Flash displays photos very well, usually with some kind of slideshow integration. Flash is still just fine to use to display your photos. But try to avoid using it to display your site's content (aka text).

jengajoh

I finally added the links. For some reason the first one shows up whiter, I don't know why... I'll fix it at some point.

well I thought I fixed it... still happening... let me know if it looks different for anyone else.

Last edited:
Once I've finished building out my own website, I'll be participating. Right now I'm spending too much time learning about HTML 5/CSS 3, jQuery instead of using Flash to make the SEO relevance climb (I HIGHLY SUGGEST jQuery slideshows), etc. I should have it done by Memorial Day.