14774587746_9f82078451_b.jpg

Nikon 24-70mm 2.8G
D800

f 5.0
3 sec shutter
ISO 1000

BackdoorArts

Buzzkill Falls!!!

Nice shot. We've been sorely without rain for a while, so the flow they have isn't too bad. It's actually nice when it's like that, as well as when it's going full bore. Funny, but I haven't been there since I've started shooting seriously. Go figure.

SacrificeTheory

Buzzkill Falls!!!

Nice shot. We've been sorely without rain for a while, so the flow they have isn't too bad. It's actually nice when it's like that, as well as when it's going full bore. Funny, but I haven't been there since I've started shooting seriously. Go figure.

I thought it looked like there wasn't as much water as last time. I didn't think we were in a drought, but guess I was wrong.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Nice shot, I really like the composition. My only suggestion would be to work a bit on the post processing. It annoys me that the water has a color cast (reddish-magenta). Maybe the image was over-saturated? You could either try to get rid of that cast by decreasing the overall saturation, or creating a B&W mask just over the fall so the water would be white.

BackdoorArts

I thought it looked like there wasn't as much water as last time. I didn't think we were in a drought, but guess I was wrong.

We're definitely not in a drought, but we really haven't gotten a lot of rain of late, and these falls run off feeder streams and are pretty reactive to rainfall.

I'm with Marcel regarding the color tinting. A levels adjustment using the whites selector in one of the hot spots in the falls is all it needs to color correct it.

14774587746_9f82078451_b.jpg

There's definitely some variation within the colors, so selective desaturation might help as well.