What are you using to shoot video?

Curt

I know some of you are using your DSLRs to shoot video, but I am sure there are lots of you out there that, like me don't shoot video with you DSLR...lol.
Wondering what most of you are using. I use a JVC Everio 60GB HD camcorder.
It light really small and works fantastic :).

JVC 60GB HD.JPG

theregsy

LOL I don't have a DSLR that can do video :) I use a little panasonic SD camcorder, it takes a decent video with decent sound, small enough to go in a pocket and very very simple to use. The way we usually cover events is that I run about like a loon with the DSLR changing angles, trying to get crowd shots, band shots and anything of interest while my wife plonks the video camera on top a tripod, records 1 song from start to finish then gets a few 'colour' pieces for a compilation and thats that. While having good quality video on the DSLR might allow some decent clips that my wife doesnt get I don't think I would ever use it. The panasonic is the SDR-S7 and records straight onto a SDHC card which makes transfer into Premiere dead easy.

Jon

I use my ever reliable Panasonic PV-GS400. Reviewed as the best camcorder (anyway at least 6 years ago) until HD became available.....there goes my investment LOL.

Mike150

When my kids were young (many eons ago) I shot video at their Soccer and Basketball games.
Later, I realized. I didn't really get to watch the game. With my Nikon, I can watch the Grandkids' games and see something I like and CLICK I got the picture.