GAS Strikes! Hard! D70!

epark1281

I really, really wanted to start doing some HSS work. I have a Metz 48AF that does HSS with TTL on my Olympus E-P3. Now I want it on my Nikon. I either fork out a fortune for HSS strobes...
OR!
I find a Electronic/Mechanical Shutter Hybrid!
$85 Bucks shipped used from Adorama!
I can't wait to get it!
(Not commissioned by the wife, got some minor flack for it. Worth it!)
The other bonus is that I can now start tapping into the AF Lenses!

epark1281

Sad story,
The D70 came this weekend, but not as advertised. I've seen other posts online about Adorama used after the fact. I'm hoping that the replacement unit i'm getting is actually in functioning condition. Joy is put on hold...:apologetic:

epark1281

Sadder Still,
Turns out the first body has a failing sensor.
I got a second body. Everything was working great, until i realized that the hotshoe was dead.
How much is it to repair a dead hot shoe?
And why does Adorama used department continue to frustrate me?!

Blacktop

I have had nothing but good luck with Adorama used stuff.

I have bought 2 lenses and a D300, all with E and E- condition, and all three arrived looking and acting almost brand new.
I'm sure Adorama will make it right.
What was the advertised condition of the camera?

epark1281

The condition of both units were "E-"
I gave up. I don't think I'll be buying used bodies from adorama anymore. I returned the second body as well

epark1281

Well,
Wasn't really looking for any "compensation" so to speak, for what had happened, but Helen contacted me straight away.
Got a message from her, and the used department subsequently is providing me with another body in E+ condition for significantly less than listed. No shipping or tax to boot.
I've got my fingers crossed that this unit is actually 100% function. Jack Gold in the used dept assured me that they'll extensively test the unit that's coming to me.
We'll find out tomorrow!

epark1281

Well, finally, this one works 100% and it's in pristine condition with less than 5k clicks.
One thing i noticed about the d70 is a lot of luminescence noise above iso 800, but given that this is a 10 year old sensor, it's to be expected. Hss is awesome, and it's a beast of a camera.
Image quality is fantastic, and AF is super fast.
I still love my D3200 but this will compete for attention.

Last edited: