AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED - $500 shipped - Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnwartjr

It was brought to my attention that this post does not entirely comply with forum rules relating to FS items, so I am posting some photos to bring my post into compliance.

700_9325.jpg700_9327.jpg

Price is presently $475, or I will listen to offers. It appears I can get $500 on eBay, so $475 seems reasonable to me, since there would not be any eBay fees here.

I might be interested in a trade involving some pocket wizards.

JoeLewisPhotography

For a $500 lens you are looking at nearly $50 in ebay/paypal fees if not more....so avoid that if at all possible....try craiglist maybe? I have had amazing luck with CL and it's FREE. This is a good price so good luck with the sale!

johnwartjr

Good point. I didn't consider PayPal fees in my calculation, as if I sold it here, I'd pay them too - but the fees if I listed at 99 cents starting, sold for $500 would be $45.10

I use the following eBay fee calculator: eBay and PayPal Fee Calculator

My Craigslist postings are usually met with crazy people who are tire kickers and dreamers, so even if I have to take a little less, I would rather avoid CL :)

JoeLewisPhotography

Oh see, i have never had a tire kicker from CL. I always talk to the person first, let them know how firm i am on the price, and they have always followed through.

And a tip...if selling outside of ebay, you send money via paypal under "personal" and mark it as a gift, or money owed etc, and there is no paypal fee for the transaction for either party.

johnwartjr

The only problem with doing that, is I believe that eliminates the ability to dispute a transaction.

Buying a $15 item, I wouldn't be afraid to do that, but a $500 item, I would. I'd offer to split or pay the fees for the seller if it were a high dollar item and I didn't know them well, if the 'gift' option were their requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.