HDR forum

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I would like to suggest the creation of an HDR forum. It would be a nice place to exchange and view other people's images.
Is that a possible thing?
thanks,
Marcel

Rick M

Hopefully the "boss man" will change his mind, times have changed since way back in January! Perhaps if we all chant "HDR forum" at the same time he will yield to the people :)

Browncoat

I agree with Mr. Admin Guy on this one. Above all else, this is a Nikon forum. Of course we are going to have photo-based forums to supplement that, or else it would be like having peanut butter and no jelly. But if we go down this road, what's next? Landscapes? Landscapes at night? Landscapes at night in Seattle?

Rick M

You bring up good points Anthony,where does it end. However, A section(s) dedicated to shooting styles such as HDR, Landscapes, portraits, Night, architecture, etc..., might help the forum grow and attract a larger following as some like to specialize in certain areas. Staying the same may risk members outgrowing the forum. As I'm sure you know in your own business, lack of change or diversification can lead to stagnation and lack of growth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Browncoat

That would certainly be true of a general photography forum, Rick. And in which case I'd agree with you wholeheartedly.

Joseph Bautsch

I agree with cnyram. The site has to provide the forums that the membership wants. If you don't they will find what they want elsewhere. Having said that you can also have too many forums and wind up diluting the interaction of the members and the same thing will happen. There are a lot of other photography sites, including Nikon oriented, that are competing with Nikonites for Nikon members. If they do a better job of fulfilling their needs then they get the membership and we don't. The forums available for our members has to be based on the volume of demand for that information and interaction by the members and that is a judgement call for the admin guy to make.

Rick M

I guess I'm a little too much of an oganization freak, I like everything in it's own spot, easy to find. When you have to do searches in forums you end up with a list of disjointed threads with no specific home.