Pics from the weekend

theregsy

A few Pics from a busy Saturday night.
sunami-3848_dce.jpg
sunami-4201_dce.jpg
sunami-4442_dce.jpg
sunami-4410_dce.jpg

All pics are up in my gallery, comments are as always welcome :)
Hope you like.

theregsy

Thanks people, I had my usual Sigma 28-200mm on for the night. I did get close and ended up in the Orchestra pit at one point (no orchestra! LOL) :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
These are great shot considering the usual conditions to take them. Were you using a flash as well?

theregsy

I took some with flash and some without, I think all 4 of these are flash, came back from the gig with 1014 shots (hmmmm) 35-50% worked so that itsn't bad, although I am not judging in the same way I would with a landscape. Concerts and gigs are always tricky. Its hard to get a good position with monitors mic stands and all the usual stuff you find on stage. The lighting can be horrible, but it can add so much to the feel of a shot that I always try to get a few without flash (or shoot 2 or 3 in a burst as the 2nd won't have full flash power and the 3rd non at all). I have a bit of a reputation now locally that allows me more freedom at local events, so I managed to wheedle my way into the orchestra pit and spent a lot of time stage front with my head in the PA system. This is the first time I have used the D2x with a full stage lighting and it handled itself well, a couple of issues with strongly backlit focussing but on the whole well impressed.
Thanks for the nice words. ;)