WordPress Photography Themes

Browncoat

Thought I'd start a place to share some cool WordPress themes that would be great for a photography website.

Stumbled across Photex from Themes Kingdom today, and while I'm not easily impressed, this one is pretty darn good. It's clean, mobile responsive, and has a nifty home page that you can customize.

AC016

I use Twenty Fourteen. It's pretty basic and easy to use. Not very "artsy", so i am not sure it would be for everyone who is looking for a photography theme.

SkvLTD

Found ThemeForest Core to be pretty darn nice. Flexible enough, clean, non-cluster-effed look, etc. There are photo, blogs, and sites, right? And themes for both are like day and night.

BackdoorArts

I like it and I don't like it - I guess it would depend on what I wanted to do with it. I could be showing my age, but it's almost too hip for me and it took me a while to figure out where the hell everything was. I like it more now that I've spent some time poking around, but I don't know that's what I'd want a potential customer to have to do their first time on my site as it could lead them to make that their last visit to my site. Maybe it's just the way the demo is set up, and a variation of colors might make menu options a little more obvious?

Aw, hell, as I've poked around more trying to figure things out I'm actually starting to like it a lot more and see some of the possibilities for it. I've been using Photocrati, which is better than a lot of others I've seen, but Photex is pretty slick. Might need to sign on and try this out since I'm still in the process of getting my site where I want it.

BackdoorArts

BTW, if anyone is looking to sign up with Themes Kingdom, the discount code INTA3452 will get you 20% off. Not sure how long it's good for.

BackdoorArts

Just as an FYI, I decided to give the theme a try and purchased it on Tuesday. Had some trouble installing the template as is, so I took them up on their offer for a free installation and submitted a ticket Tuesday morning and got a screenshot saying that it would be up within 48 hours, which is great, because it would give me 2 days to update it with my content before the weekend, and given that I'll be shooting at Bethlehem Musikfest I assumed I might be handing out some cards so it would be good to have it up and running.

As of 1PM yesterday it hadn't changed, so I pinged them asking what's up? As of this morning it still wasn't up, so I submitted a second ticket and got a response saying that the first thing they could find from me was my email from yesterday afternoon (which they hadn't replied to) and there was no record of the website information (which I'd resubmitted with the ticket), so they wanted me to send it off again.

I'm hoping they get something up by noon so I can at least tweak some stuff before heading out tonight (though I have a real job to do today as well). Suffice it to say, while the template may be cool, the support seems to be lacking, so Caveat Emptor.

BackdoorArts

BH ... so are you hosting your WordPress site with them, or they have access to your site in order to complete the install?

I have several WP sites hosted elsewhere. I had to give them an ID and p/w to do the work. Good news is, after complaining this morning they had the template up in under 2 hours. Bad news is, I barely have the time to get it looking like my site instead of theirs this afternoon.

RocketCowboy

I have several WP sites hosted elsewhere. I had to give them an ID and p/w to do the work. Good news is, after complaining this morning they had the template up in under 2 hours. Bad news is, I barely have the time to get it looking like my site instead of theirs this afternoon.

Cool. I'm leaning towards getting my hands on one of their templates, since my other WP sites are just using the generic default theme. Sorry to hear they didn't get it working when you had more time to get it set up.