The 70-300cx if out so I buy a 10-100cx....

crashton

Keeping with my tradition of buying the next new thing after the new wears off I bought a 10-100cx lens. I really wanted the 70-300cx, but it's too rich for my blood.

I saw in the Deal area here about BuyDig having refurbished 10-100cx non power zoom lenses, thanks Eduard!

I'd tried the 10-100 power zoom & found it too heavy & clunky for me. Being close to jumping on a refurb at Cameta I did jump on the BuyDig deal. Cheaper & a black lens instead of a silver one.

There was a bit of a scare when I opened the box. I found a lens hood for a 30-110cx looking at me. Yikes!!! They must have sent me the wrong lens. Looking further there was a 10-100 in there. Don't understand why the wrong hood. The 10-100 does not include one, which is also odd, but that's our Nikon for ya.

Went out yesterday to a local Porsche show so I could test drive the lens. Man I do like this lens, perfect for this lazy guy, 27mm to 270mm all in one lens. Used a step ring so I could swap my 67mm polarizer on the front. :biggrin-new:

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
There was a bit of a scare when I opened the box. I found a lens hood for a 30-110cx looking at me. Yikes!!! They must have sent me the wrong lens. Looking further there was a 10-100 in there. Don't understand why the wrong hood. The 10-100 does not include one, which is also odd, but that's our Nikon for ya.

My 10-100 does have a hood - maybe the refurb doesn't include it? You want the HB-N106 - US$19 at B&H.

crashton

Porsche's 2 Ohio? It almost looks like Oxford but they stopped going there a few years back.

Granville Ohio, I believe this is their third year here. It's a wonderful venue for the show. The local's seem to really welcome all the Porsche owner's.

crashton

My 10-100 does have a hood - maybe the refurb doesn't include it? You want the HB-N106 - US$19 at B&H.

Just checked B&H, the hood is an option even on a new lens. I have already bought the hood & filter step ring from the good folks at B&H.

You got lucky getting a hood with yours. I'm not going to complain I got a good deal on my refurb 10-100. The BuyDig deal is no longer there. Glad I jumped on it.